Andhra Pradesh In 2020 Tops State Of Governance Charts
Andhra Pradesh in 2020 has emerged as the top performing state on annual SKOCH State of Governance Rankings, replacing Gujarat from 2019. Last year, Andhra Pradesh was at #4. The reason for this splendid performance was a number of measures taken by the state during the past two years to make governance more efficient, inclusive and transparent. After ranking in the top ten for the past several years, the state has finally acquired #1 position for the first time now.
Out of 123 innovative projects that were selected for evaluation from across sectors, Andhra Pradesh topped the three sectoral rankings – Police & Safety, Rural Development and Municipal Sanitation. Police & Safety and Rural Development gained top spots, which were at #4 and #3 respectively in 2019. Municipal Sanitation also joined the league of top performers in 2020, in contrast to 2019 with no projects evaluted for the same.
In the e-Governance sectoral ranking Andhra Pradesh improved its position to the second spot this year from the eighth position in 2019.
Municipal Sanitation In Andhra Pradesh In 2020
Municipal corporations and urban local bodies in Andhra Pradesh have been on the forefront in implementing sanitation drives. For example, the Guntur Municipal Corporation has developed facilities to convert plastic waste into synthetic fuel.
Tuni Municipality has introduced an initiative called ‘Wealth From Wet Waste’. It is a comprehensive solid waste management system for the purpose of better sanitation. With this in mind, project workers first collect wet waste from households and commercial establishments. Then the wet waste is properly segregated. After that, the waste is composted at ward level itself by onsite composting method. The project is based on 5R principles – Reduce, Reprocess, Reuse, Recycle, and Recover.
Salur Municipality has launched a project for beautification of community toilets. The authorities launched the project for the purpose of achieving an Open Defecation Free target. More people have been motivated to use the toilet facilities as a result of this plan.
Pithapuram Municipality has introduced innovative measures for citizen engagement in Swachh Bharath activities.
Rural Development In Andhra Pradesh In 2020
The state has introduced several innovative measures to bring more transparency and efficiency in the implementation of projects related to rural development. For example, the Panchayat Raj & Rural Development department has adopted innovative approaches for capacity building and training under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA). The state also uses the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system to distribute the wages under MGNREGA. As a result, Andhra Pradesh has registered the second highest number of DBT transactions. The state government has transferred nearly Rs 90,000 crore into the accounts of beneficiaries through DBT.
Read the complete story on Inclusion here.
Recent SKOCH Awardees from Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh’s Evidence of Excellence
- Technical Analysis Wing – Chittoor District Police
- Operation Samaikhya – Police Department Chittoor District
- Automated Police Online Information System – Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme & Integrated Water Management Programme – District Water Management Agency, Ananthapuramu
- Navasakam in Anantapuramu Solid Waste Management – Anantapuramu Municipal Corporation
- Central Lock-up Monitoring System – Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Women Help Desk – Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Court Blaze – Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Prevention and Detection of Temple Offences – Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Implementation of ICJS – Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Rythu Bharosa Kendralu (RBKs) – Department of Agriculture Andhra Pradesh
- Kisan Rail – Department of Horticulture, Ananthapuramu District
- Her Safety is Our Responsibility – Viziangaram District Police
- Tadepalli Municipality Preventive Measures of COVID-19 – Municipal Administration & Urban Development Authority Tadepalli
- Remediation Of Exisiting Msw Dumpsite At Ajith Singh Nagar Through Bio-mining Of Process In Vmc – Vijayawada Municipal Corporation
- Solid Waste Management – Bobbili Municipality
- Plastic Waste to Synthetic Fuel Conversion Facility – Guntur Municipal Corporation
- Haritha Vizianagaram (a Green Movement Around Water Bodies) – District Administration Vizianagaram
- Cyber Mithra, Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Offender Search, Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- eNIRDESHA – Crime Investigation Department, Andhra Pradesh
- Operation Muskaan – COVID-19, Crime Investigation Department, Andhra Pradesh
- Response To COVID-19, Chittoor District Police
- E-Raksha Bandhan, Crime Investigation Department, Andhra Pradesh
- Digital Health Profile – AP Police Welfare Initiative, Andhra Pradesh Police Department
- Assurance With Endurance – Service With Sacrifice, Vizianagaram District Police
- Dynamic e-Beats, Sri Potti Sriramulu Nellore District Police
- Comprehensive Financial Management System 2.0 – Andhra Pradesh Center for Financial Systems and Services
SKOCH Award Nomination Form