Last date to submit the Nomination form is 15th September 2021.
Has Vijay Rupani upheld the Gujarat Model?
The short answer is, yes! Under Rupani’s leadership Gujarat has made steady progress on State of Governance ranking with introduction of innovative projects across the sectors.
Rupani Upholding Modi’s Legacy
Before moving to New Delhi as Prime Minister of India, Modi had laid a strong foundation of governance in Gujarat. It was no surprise that Gujarat topped the SKOCH State of Governance in 2014 and has maintained its position among the top five since then, except 2017.
Economies across the world have been badly hit due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Despite the Covid crisis, Gujarat is estimated to post a positive growth of 0.6% during the fiscal 2020-21, as per the Macroeconomic Framework statement presented as part of the state Budget in March 2021. Before the Covid-19 crisis Gujarat’s economic expansion was higher than the national average.
Gujarat ranked first in the Export Competitiveness Index 2020 announced by the NITI Aayog. As per the Periodic Labour Force Survey 2018-19, Gujarat has an unemployment rate of 3.2%, which is significantly lower than all-India unemployment rate of 5.8%.
Performance in Health
Gujarat’s impressive performance in health sector is manifested in SKOCH State of Governance study. Gujarat secured the top position in 2019. It has also been reflected in NITI Aayog’s report on performance towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Gujarat has made the best performance among Indian states towards the SDG goal of ‘Good Health and Well-Being’.
Tech-enabled community health system TeCHO+ has played key role in improving the coverage and quality of health services in Gujarat. TeCHO+ is an interactive platform to provide health services to respective beneficiaries at their door steps with two way exchange of data from community to health facility and vice versa.
Read the complete story on Inclusion here.
Recent SKOCH Awardees from Gujarat
Gujarat’s Evidence of Excellence
- DMF Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) Panchmahal & Dahod – District Mineral Foundation Gujarat
- DMF Health Clinics- 54 mining-affected villages of Lakhpat & Abdasa Taluka in Kutch – District Mineral Foundation- State Nodal Unit, Gujarat
- Mobile 2 Sports: Play at Home – Sports, Youth And Cultural Activities Department, Government Of Gujarat
- E-cop (A solution for efficient policing) – Commissioner of Police Rajkot City
- Business Continuity in COVID-19, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Gujarat Prisons Response to COVID-19, Gujarat Jail Department (Home)
- Response to COVID-19 – Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation
- Livelihood Enhancement of Farming Community Through Horticulture Initiatives – District Administration Narmada
SKOCH Award Nomination Form