Telangana in 2020: e-Governance Shines During Covid-19
Telangana in 2020 makes the Top 10 list for our annual SKOCH State of Governance review, albeit with some setbacks. Telangana in 2020 moves to the #9 spot, after having featured at #6 in 2019. Despite this change in performance, the state continues to do well in a year affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. One category that shines particularly is that of e-Governance. Telangana in 2020 moves up from the #10 spot in 2019 e-Governance to #1 now.
Telangana In 2020 Tops e-Governance Charts
The Department of Language & Culture, Government of Telangana, introduced T-Culture in the hope of streamlining and empowering the arts, literature and culture landscape of the state. The platform intends to collate resources pertaining to and for the state’s artists. It is an attempt to move communication and representation online for greater access and exposure.
Power & Energy Ranks #5 For Telangana In 2020
The Transmission Corporation Of Telangana Limited ran a 14-Day Online Live Training Program to 198 Nos. Employees During Covid-19 Pandemic. The authorities recognise that there is a shortage of manpower for the Operation and Maintenance of EHT Substations and Lines in the state because of large-scale network expansion. At the same time, Telangana State Power Generation Power Corporation (TSGENCO) closed 8 old units of the Kothagudem Thermal Power Station in Paloncha. TSGENCO supplied TSTRANSCO with 198 staff for 41 Substations across various Telangana districts. TSTRANSCO advised the Corporate Training Institute to plan a 14-day training program for these teams on matters of Safety, Operation & Maintenance prior to their appointment. The training modules are designed to for capacity-building and upskilling suited to the Power & Energy sector. Virtual training sessions have allowed the institute to continue imparting technical knowledge and skill training despite the Covid-19 situation.
Skill Development Is #4 For Telangana In 2020
MCR HRD Institute of Telangana introduced Virtual Training Program for Skill Development – Training & Capacity Building. The guiding principle behind this project is to show resilience in a time of adversity and turn challenges into opportunities. With this in mind, the institute adapted its civil services training modules to the digital space. After sending trainee civil servants back home before the lockdown was enforced and the transport crisis could shape up, the institute designed a new format to impart the remaining 50 days of training.
Read the complete story on Inclusion here.
Recent SKOCH Awardees from Telangana
Telangana’s Evidence of Excellence
- District Responds To COVID – District Administration Kamareddy
- Mission Bhadram Bhadradri – District Administration Kothagudem
- Response to Covid – 19 – Punganur Municipality
- 100% Water Supply – Siddipet Municipal Corporation
- Distributed Solar Generation – Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited
- 40 %-Input Subsidy Linked Wage Compensation Scheme – Department of Handlooms and Textiles
- Computerisation and Digitization of Record Room of Mahabubnagar District – District Administration Mahabubnagar
- Smart Police Stations – Telangana State Police Department
- Telangana State Online Beneficiary Management & Monitoring System (TSOBMMS) for Welfare of Disabled Department – Women Development and Child Welfare, Disabled welfare & Senior Citizen Telangana
- Ts Echallan – An Evidence-based Traffic Enforcement System – Telangana State Police Department
- ICJS Integration with CCTNS Project (EeCOPS application – Crime Investigation & Prosecution) – Police Computer Services and Standardization
- Soft Skills & Leadership Skill Training – Telangana State Police Department
- Electronic Surveillance (cctv System) – Telangana State Police Department
- Investigation Support Center – Telangana State Police Department
- Telangana Textile and Apparel Policy (T-TAP) – Department of Handlooms and Textiles
- e-Governance in District Administration Bhadradri Kothagudem – District Administration Kothagudem
SKOCH Award Nomination Form