SKOCH District Governance Award 2020
Who Can Nominate?*
- State Government
- District Administration
- District Rural Development Agency
- Panchayati Raj Institution
- Urban Local Body
- Gram Panchayat
- Private Sector
- Solution Provider
- Others (please specify)……
- SSA: Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
- RMSA: Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
- CSSTE: Centrally sponsored scheme on teachers education
- Basic Infrastructure:
- National Rural Drinking Water Programme
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin)
- PMAY: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin)
- PMGSY: Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- Financial Inclusion:
- PMMY: Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
- PMJDY: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- PMJJBY: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- PMSBY: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Skill Development:
- PMKVY: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- DDUGKY: Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- NAPS: National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
- NATS: National Apprenticeship Training Scheme
- PMKSY: Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
- PMFBY: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Interest Subvention Scheme for short-term crop loans
- Krishi Unnati Yojana
- RKVY: Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- NFSM: National Food Security Mission
- NMOOP: National Mission for Oilseeds & Oil palm
- e-NAM: e-National Agriculture Market
- Integrated Scheme for Agriculture Management
- Price Support Scheme
- MSP: Minimum Support Price
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture
- Livestock Health & Disease Control Scheme
- National Livelihood Mission
- Soil Health Card Scheme
- Health & Nutrition:
- National Health Mission
- PMSMA: Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
- PMMVY: Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- BBBP: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Implementation of PC-PNDT (Pre-conception & Pre-natal diagnostics techniques)
- JSSK: Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakaram
- JSY: Janani Suraksha Yojana
- MAA- Mother’s Absolute Affection
- HBNC: Home Based Newborn Care
- BFHI: Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- NSSK: Navjat Sishu Suraksha Karyakaram
- Anganwadi Services under Umbrella ICDS (Integrated Child Development Scheme)
- National Iron Plus Initiative
- National De-worming Day
- IMNCI: Integrated Management of Neonatal & Childhood illness
- IDCF: Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
- NRC: National Rehabilitation Centres
- Mission Indradhanush
- IMGSY- Conditional Maternity Benefit
- ASHA Incentives
- Revised National Tuberculosis Program
- Ayushman Bharat
- Swachh Bharat
- Capacity Building
- Civic Engagement
- Clean & Green Energy
- Conservation, Retrofitting & Refurbishment of Historical & Heritage Sites
- Construction of Community Toilets
- Construction of Public Toilets
- Culture & Tourism
- Disaster Management / Emergency Services
- Drinking Water
- Elimination of Open Defecation
- Environment Protection
- e-Waste Management
- Finance, Fiscal and Tax Management
- Green Building
- Grievance Redressal
- Individual Toilets
- Infrastructure Development
- Plastic Management
- Police and Safety
- Public and Private Partnership
- Public Awareness Programmes (Information, Education & Behaviour Change Communication Activity)
- Reuse of Plastic
- Services Delivery
- Skill Development
- Slum Rehabilitation
- Smart Architecture and Buildings
- Solid Waste Management (Collection & Transportation)
- Solid Waste Management (Processing & Disposal)
- Transportation & Mobility
- Urban Planning
- Urban Renewal
- Use of Recycled, Renewable, Reclaimed Materials
- Waste Water and Sanitation
- Water Management
- Others (please specify)……..
- Explain why it is to be considered for SKOCH Award?
- If the Nomination were to win SKOCH Award, what should the citation read like to justify the Award? It should essentially explain; what the difference has been made that makes this an outstanding nomination. (Max 100 Words)
- Who are the Champions of this Nomination/initiative/achievement?
1. How would an invoice discounting system without collateral impact your access to capital?
- When was the project deployed?
- What was the situation on the ground before the project was operational?
- How was the project conceptualized e.g.: through multi-stakeholder consultations, size of team etc.?
- What were the innovations adopted within the project?
- How did the project seek to address/improve the situation on the ground?
- What challenges were faced before the deployment of the project?
- What were the procedures and processes adopted to deploy and operationalize this project?
- How was the target population covered?
- How much of the target population has been covered and how have they benefited from the solution?
- Describe the solution implemented and governance practices involved?
- What benefits have accrued to citizens after the deployment of the project? How has the situation improved?
- Details of publicity or awareness campaigns conducted and information dissemination to citizens.
- Has the project led to systemic changes within the district to ensure that the performance is institutional and continues?
- What is the potential of replicability of the project/solution?
- Elaborate the role and involvement of how panchayats, district officers, self-help groups, NGOs and citizens etc. were involved in this initiative.
- Details of the outcomes or benefits resulting from the outcome.
- In case you are selected for the certificate of merit/award, who in your organization will receive it? (Typically, our awards are received by the head of the organization.)
SKOCH AWARD 2020 METHODOLOGY IS AS FOLLOWS:
- There is no Fee for applying for the SKOCH Award.
- Selected Nominations will be called for Evaluation Presentation to the Panel of Expert Jury at New Delhi at their cost.
- For each Nomination selected, only one person is allowed to be present / participate in the Evaluation Presentation. It is recommended that the best person for the job is nominated.
- In case, more people wish to accompany the Presenter—limited to two persons only—a Participation Fee of INR 3,000/- (plus GST) per person, will be applicable.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT:
- Based on the presentation an independent Jury of domain experts will rank the Nominees.
- Highest-ranking Nominees will be shortlisted and invited to seek Popular Vote from their beneficiaries and stakeholders. This voting is online and involves use of Twitter. Participation in Popular Vote is recommended.
- Based on the Jury score and the Popular Vote SKOCH Order-of-Merit will be decided and declared in advance.
- Merit Listed nominations will be invited to receive the SKOCH Order-of-Merit in New Delhi.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH AWARD:
- SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners qualify to run for the SKOCH Award – the highest Award in the competitive categories.
- SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners will be entitled to contest for Expert Votes during the India Governance Forum. 200 National and international Delegates and Domain Experts are expected to participate and Vote.
- SKOCH Award is decided on SKOCH Order-of-Merit score + Expert Vote score.
- This is not a mandatory option, however, without the Expert Vote weightage, Nominees will be competing only on their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score. In the past, there have been instances of Nominees winning if their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score itself was high enough to not require the Expert Vote weightage.
- Participation in Expert Vote process and Exhibition comes alongwith attractive mainline media PR & Publicity opportunities.
- All scores are confidential.
- As per SKOCH Award protocol, in-person participation of the Nominee is mandatory at the award ceremony.
- SKOCH Award as well as SKOCH Order-of-Merit are neither announced nor conferred in absentia. If the Awardee is not present, the Award is withdrawn. In all cases, the name of the recipient has to be informed well in advance.
- No Delegate Fee is charged from the Awardee.
Terms & Conditions:
- Nomination must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 17th February 2020.
- Nomination for ‘Early Bird‘ consideration must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 7th February 2020.
- Each submission must include: A completed Nomination Form / Project Information as per the Nomination Form online.
- States from large number of nominations received may be considered for conducting of evaluation roundtable at state level.
- Apply Online (mandatory) at:
Send hard copy to (optional):
Skoch Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
A-222, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon – 122001
- One implementing agency can nominate more than one project / nomination.
- The Awards Committee can also at its discretion nominate projects or people that it feels are deserving and should be under the consideration set.
- SKOCH Consultancy Services and its group companies reserve the right to reproduce submitted materials. These reproductions may be edited to suit the format.
- Submitted nominations cannot be withdrawn for want of Organisation approval / sanction, retracting submitted information, submitting additional information or any other related cause. Organisation approval sanction should be acquired before-hand.
- SKOCH has the approval of checking the authenticity of the provided information by contacting the organisation’s head, senior manager, IT staff, consultants, suppliers or business partners. The provided information and context may or may not be revealed to these parties, depending on the situation.
- SKOCH would retain the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the nominee. Co-operation from the nominee would be highly appreciated.
- Since Peer Evaluation is integral to the SKOCH Award process, maximum of 20 per cent weightage or 1.5 marks whichever is lower of total score obtained by each nomination in Peer Review is added to the Jury score. All Jury ratings are done on an absolute basis with a cap of 10 Points that can be scored by any Nomination.
- Top performing Nomination that can contribute to best practices will be conferred SKOCH Order-of-Merit certificate Amongst SKOCH Order-of-Merit recipients the Nomination with highest national ranking would be conferred the SKOCH Award.
For Ethics Policy please visit http://www.skoch.in/18/ethics-policy.html
For Methodology please visit award.skoch.in/methodology/