SKOCH FinTech Award 2018
Financial Technology or FinTech has changed the financial and banking system upside down. Technology and Internet has revolutionised the entire financial eco-system. FinTech is seen as one of biggest disrupters in businesses in the recent years. FinTech has been at the top of the new business interests. It dominates the start-ups ecosystem. FinTech has brought a dramatic change in the products being offered and target market.
India is a major player in the FinTech sector. It has witnessed strong user adoption, driven largely by the payments sector. Digital payments sector in India is estimated to be around $50 billion and is projected to touch $500 billion by 2020. FinTech would play a pivotal role in making India a cashless digital economy. India dominates the global IT sector. FinTech is the new sector where India can be the superpower and lead the world. SKOCH FinTech Award is aimed at identifying excellence and setting benchmark among different stakeholders of the financial technology sector.
Click here to view the nomination form.
Who Can Nominate?• Debit/Credit Card Issuer
• Financial Institution
• FinTech Organisation
• NBFC/ MFI
• Online Payment Gateway Service Provider
• Payments Banks
• Prepaid/Smart Card Issuer
• Technology Provider
• Others (Please specify…………………….)
Categories• FinTech in Lending
• FinTech in Payments
• FinTech in International Money Transfer
• FinTech in Personal Finance
• FinTech in Equity Financing
• FinTech in Corporate Banking
• FinTech in Consumer Banking
• FinTech in Insurance
• Artificial Intelligence
• Big Data & Analytics
• Business Services
• Consumer Services
• Cyber Security
• Delivery Channels
• Developer APIs
• Government Services • Infrastructure
• Internet Banking
• Mobile Experience
• Money Transfer
• Online Experience
• Payment Gateways
• Payment System
• PoS (Point of Sale)
• Risk Management
• Social Media
• Strategic Transformation
• Tap and Go
• Others (Please specify…………………….)
Part I:1. Explain why it is to be considered for SKOCH Award?
2. If the Nomination were to win SKOCH Award, what should the citation read like to justify the Award? It should essentially explain; what difference has been made that makes this an outstanding nomination. (Max 100 Words)
3. Who are the Champions of this Nomination / initiative / achievement?
Part II:1. Market Capitalisation / assets under management (in INR):
2. Total number of listed traders
3. One-year performance:
4. Mid-term and long-term performance:
5. Performance compared with peer group:
6. Performance compared with global markets:
7. Risk adjusted performance:
Part III:1. Brief overview of the nomination.
2. Date since when the project/organisation has been operational.
3. Describe the innovative aspects of the project:
4. Describe the solution implemented:
5. Process followed for deployment/implementation:
6. Challenges faced before deployment:
7. Benefits of the solution implemented:
8. Details of coverage of the targeted population:
9. In case you are selected for certificate of merit/award, who in your organisation will receive it? (Typically, our awards are received by the head of the organisation.)
SKOCH AWARD 2018 METHODOLOGY IS AS FOLLOWS:1. There is no Fee for applying for the SKOCH Award.
2. Selected Nominations will be called for Evaluation Presentation to the Panel of Expert Jury at New Delhi at their cost.
3. For each Nomination selected, only one person is allowed to be present / participate in the Evaluation Presentation. It is recommended that the best person for the job is nominated.
4. In case, more people wish to accompany the Presenter—limited to two persons only—a Participation Fee of INR 2,000/- (plus GST) per person, will be applicable.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT:1. Based on the presentation an independent Jury of domain experts will rank the Nominees.
2. Highest-ranking Nominees will be shortlisted and invited to seek Popular Vote from their beneficiaries and stakeholders. This voting is online and involves use of Twitter. Participation in Popular Vote is recommended.
3. Based on the Jury score and the Popular Vote SKOCH Order-of-Merit will be decided and declared in advance.
4. Merit Listed nominations will be invited to receive the SKOCH Order-of-Merit in New Delhi on 19th September 2018 (the date may change).
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH AWARD:1. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners qualify to run for the SKOCH Award – the highest Award in the competitive categories.
2. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners will be entitled to contest for Expert Votes during the 53rd SKOCH Summit on the theme of “State of Development”. 400 National and international Delegates and Domain Experts are expected to participate and Vote.
3. SKOCH Award is decided on SKOCH Order-of-Merit score + Expert Vote score.
4. This is not a mandatory option, however, without the Expert Vote weightage, Nominees will be competing only on their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score. In the past, there have been instances of Nominees winning if their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score itself was high enough to not need the Expert Vote weightage.
5. Participation in Expert Vote process and Exhibition comes alongwith attractive mainline media PR & Publicity opportunities.
6. All scores are confidential.
7. As per SKOCH Award protocol, in-person participation of the Nominee is mandatory on 19th September 2018 at New Delhi.
8. SKOCH Award as well as SKOCH Order-of-Merit are neither announced nor conferred in absentia. If the Awardee is not present, the Award is withdrawn. In all cases, the name of the recipient has to be informed well in advance.
9. No Delegate Fee is charged from the Awardee.
Terms & Conditions:• Nomination must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 21st August 2018
• Early Bird Benefit: Nominations received by 23rd July 2018 will get 5 additional points.
• Each submission must include: A completed Nomination Form / Project Information as per the enclosed format.
• Both hard and electronic copies (submitted via website) are needed. The hard copies should be duly signed and stamped.
• States from large number of nominations received may be considered for conducting of evaluation roundtable at state level. Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a CD at:
Skoch Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
A-222, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon – 122001
Tel: +91-124-4777444 • One implementing agency can nominate more than one project/nomination.
• The Awards Committee can also at its discretion nominate projects or people that it feels are deserving and should be under the consideration set.
• Skoch Consultancy Services and its group companies reserve the right to reproduce submitted materials. These reproductions may be edited to suit the format.
• Submitted nominations cannot be withdrawn for want of Organisation approval/sanction, retracting submitted information, submitting additional information or any other related cause. Organisation approval sanction should be acquired beforehand.
• SKOCH has the approval of checking the authenticity of the provided information by contacting the organization’s head, senior manager, IT staff, consultants, suppliers or business partners. The provided information and context may or may not be revealed to these parties, depending on the situation.
• Skoch would retain the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the nominee. Co-operation from the nominee would be highly appreciated.
• Since Peer Evaluation is integral to the SKOCH Award, maximum of 5 per cent weightage of total score obtained by each nomination in Peer Review is added to the Jury score. All Jury ratings are done on an absolute basis with a cap of 10 Points that can be scored by any Nomination.
• Top performing Nomination that can contribute to best practices will be conferred SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award in September 2018. Amongst SKOCH Order-of-Merit recipients the Nomination with highest national ranking would be conferred SKOCH Award in September 2018. For Ethics Policy please visit
Click here to view the SKOCH Award Photographs.
SKOCH Awardee List
|S.No||Award Category||Project Name||Organisation|
|1||Fintech in Lending||uConnect||PNB Housing Finance Limited|
|2||Big Data & Analytics||Usage of Analytics to Make Life Simple||SBI Cards & Payment Services Pvt Ltd|
|3||Government Services||Comprehensive Financial Management System||Andhra Pradesh Center for Financial Systems and Services|
Click here to view the SKOCH Order-of-Merit Photographs.
Order-of-Merit Awardee List
|S.No||Award Category||Project Name||Organisation|
|1||FinTech in Lending||ePayLater||Arthashastra Fintech Pvt. Ltd.|
|2||FinTech in Payments||Bharat Bill Payment System||National Payments Corporation of India|
|3||Fintech In Payment||Mulah – The Smarter Smart City||Nextgen Telesolutions Pvt Ltd|
|4||Government Services||Comprehensive Financial Management System||Andhra Pradesh Center for Financial Systems and Services|
|5||Compliance||Compliance at SBI Card||SBI Card|
|6||Financial Institution||Gayatri Mobile Banking Services||The Gayatri Cooperative Urban Bank Ltd|
|7||Big Data & Analytics||Usage of Analytics to Make Life Simple||SBI Cards & Payments Services Pvt Ltd|
|8||Financial Institution||Samooh Samaveshan (SHG)||Narmada Jhabua Gramin Bank|
|9||Financial Institution||Gayatri ATM Services||The Gayatri Cooperative Urban Bank Ltd|
|10||FinTech in Payments||PayMate||PayMate India Pvt Ltd|
|11||Micro Finance Services||Micro Finance||Atulya Nirman Micro Finance Association|
|12||Debit/Credit Card Issuer||Doctor’s SBI Card||SBI Cards & Payments Services Pvt Ltd|
|13||Government Services||Mass Health Insurance Schemes||AXA France Vie Indian Reinsurance Branch|
|14||Payment System||ShiksaPay||Eshiksa Technology Services Pvt Ltd|
|15||Payment Gateways||CCAvenue||Infibeam Avenues Ltd|
|16||Mobility Led Digital Payments Solution Automating the Payroll Processing for Health Workers Under ICDS||YES Bank|
|17||FinTech in Payments||National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC)||National Payments Corporation of India|
|18||Fintech in Lending||µConnect - A Collaborative Service Platform||PNB Housing Finance Ltd|
|19||M-Wallet||Digi Dhan Lakshmi - A Cashless Initiative||Aditya Birla Payments Bank|
|20||Public||Loan Services||Unimoni Financial Services Ltd|
|21||FinTech in Payments||Payswiff Payment Transaction Solutions||Payswiff|